The diversity of society, influenced by globalisation and by demographic and societal changes, shapes the world of work in Germany. We can only be successful economically and as a society if we acknowledge, promote and leverage the existing diversity. That pertains to the diversity of our workforce and to the diverse needs of our business partners and of citizens. Employees’ diversity with their different competencies and talents open up opportunities for innovative and creative solutions.
The implementation of the “Charter of Diversity” in our organisation aims to create an appreciative work environment – irrespective of age, ethnic background and nationality, gender and gender identity, physical and mental abilities, religion and worldview, sexual orientation and social background. Appreciating and promoting diverse potential produces economic benefits for our organisation.
We create a climate of mutual respect and trust. This has positive effects on our reputation in Germany and in other countries in the world.
To implement this Charter, we will
- cultivate an organisational culture characterised by mutual respect and appreciation. We create the foundations for managers and employees to acknowledge, share and live these values. They are in fact accorded particular responsibility to do so.
- review our human resource processes, and ensure they live up to the diverse competencies and talents of all employees, as well as satisfy our performance expectations.
- recognise diversity within and outside our organisation, appreciating the intrinsic potential residing in this diversity, and utilising it advantageously for our business or organisation.
- make the content of the Charter the topic of internal and external dialogue.
- provide information about our activities and progress in promoting diversity and appreciation on an annual basis.
- keep our staff informed about the value of diversity and involve them in implementing the Charter.
We are convinced: embracing diversity and appreciating this diversity will have a positive impact on our organisation and on society in Germany.