Physical and mental abilityPeople with physical or mental disabilities can do more than many people may think. Diversity management helps your organisation integrate them into work processes on an individual basis and use their potential to better effect.
What you can do
- Enable all your employees to access their place of work free of barriers.
- Adapt job profiles to the specific respective capabilities, not the other way around.
- Deploy “disAbility managers” or “representatives for the disabled” to ensure that the interests of people with disabilities are heard even more effectively.
- Develop your employees’ qualifications for tasks that they cannot yet fulfil with their skills.
- Make sure you comply with legal regulations, such as the quota for employing severely disabled persons.
- Ensure that no one has to conceal a disability by establishing a trust-based, appreciative culture.
Read more about the "Physical and mental ability" dimension in our link section.