In times when diversity is called into question, as an employer initiative we see it as all the more our responsibility to communicate our values to the outside world: all employees should be valued – regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion or worldview, physical and mental ability, age, sexual orientation and identity.
We are convinced that mixed teams come up with better solutions and make any organisation more successful. We, our members and signatories, stand by this conviction.
Given the current situation, we increasingly see the need to fly the flag of diversity: #flagfordiversity.
What is the significance of recent events for the working world:
The perceived right-wing populist tendencies may appear at first as primarily a societal and political problem, but in fact the right-wing sentiment also affects the working world:
- Employees can be prevented from developing their potential
- The organisation as a whole can be negatively affected in its work.
- Influence on the locational factors of Germany → downturns in infrastructure, loss in attractiveness for potential specialist staff, decrease in purchasing power by customers and loss of customer bases
6 good reasons to take part now in the #FLAGFORDIVERSITY campaign and fly the flag of diversity
- You position yourself as being for diversity.
The commitment to diversity reflects the prevailing attitude of our society and must be disseminated and defended more loudly.
- You send a positive signal to customers, business partners and employees.
Your commitment to diversity and your involvement in the area of diversity management becomes clear with a public positioning.
- You strengthen Germany as a business location.
A joint, public positioning of companies and organisations enhances our economy’s success and stability.
- You are part of a strong movement.
Concerted action has the advantage that your message is louder and you are more visible.
- You promote your organisation’s image.
You increase your organisation’s attractiveness – both for customers and for employees.
- You take responsibility.
With your active positioning you are a role model for employees, many other organisations and society.
HOW YOU CAN FLY THE FLAG OF DIVERSITY: #FLAGFORDIVERSITY
Place a short statement from your CEO, board, top managers with the hashtag #flagfordiversity in social media. Motivate your employees to become part of the campaign and also to publish a statement on their social media channels.
Let’s jointly set an example for diversity!